Here at Culligan, we talk a lot about how critical it is to drink clean, filtered water. But as important as water is, there’s something else that might be even MORE essential to your family’s health… The air you breathe! Most people never stop to think about it, but the air you breathe has a BIG effect on your body–and not all air is created equal. If your home has poor air quality, it could lead to short-term effects like headaches, dizziness, fatigue, and eye/nose/throat irritation…and potentially, even long-term effects like respiratory disease, heart disease, and cancer. In fact, the EPA lists indoor air pollution as one of the top 5 environmental risks to our health!
What Causes Poor Air Quality?
Many things can contribute to poor air, including…
- Germs & micro-organisms
- Dust mites & other allergens
- Combustion appliances
- Building materials like asbestos (even certain types of carpet or wood products)
- Household cleaning products
- Central heating/cooling systems
- Too much moisture
- Outdoor pollution making its way into your home (radon, pesticides, etc.)